Operate various types of forklifts to putaway product and pick product from racks for orders. Unload pallets from trucks and load pallets on trucks, as needed.
Essential Job Functions
Operate a Forklift and Order Picker
Use putaway documents.
Put away product in locations.
Re-palletize cartons on pallets as needed.
Obey all safety and housekeeping rules.
Cleaning area and equipment on a regular basis, sweeping and dusting.
Must be available for overtime as required.
Assist with unloading pallets from trucks when needed.
Performs other duties as deemed necessary by the department supervisor or warehouse Director.
Education and/or Experience:
· HS diploma or GED required.
· Basic computer skills not required, but helpful.
· Must have forklift driving experience.
· Successfully complete Forklift Operator Certification process.
· Demonstrates ability to clearly communicate information to others especially Group Leaders, Supervisors, and other team members.
· Must be able to perform addition, subtraction, multiplication, division. Must be able to count.
· Ability to build stable pallets following prescribed layout designs and sequences for standard carton sizes.
· Ability to visualize and have spatial reasoning to build stable pallets for non-standard carton sizes.
· Ability to follow instructions or repeat/demonstrate instructions to others.
· Must have capability to gain full understanding of all assignments and their relationship and effect on the customer.
· No direct supervisory responsibility.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Frequently required to lift boxes of weights up to 50 lbs.
· Frequently required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, grasp with hands, lifting and carrying, bend, climbing up and down, crouching, kneeling, balancing, pushing and pulling, use close vision, and use depth perception.
· Regularly required to use peripheral vision.
· Specific tolerance to heights and ability to move material at different heights.
· Perform repetitive work.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
· Frequently works near moving parts.
· Frequently works in noise of moderate volume.
· Hearing is necessary due to automated equipment used and hearing warning horns.
· Handle variations in temperature changes of hot to cold.