- A minimum of 4 years prior work experience in Publicity, with an emphasis placed on booking top-line media in both traditional and digital outlets and author tours
- A proven ability to generate creative angles and pitches
- An ability to work in a fast-paced environment under deadlines
- Extensive knowledge of the media and a familiarity with book reviewers, magazine editors, and bloggers
- Experience working on fiction campaigns
- A deep understanding of the digital media space, including bloggers and social media
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to act as an ambassador and influencer to the media, agents, authors and other opinion formers to reinforce the reputation of HarperCollins as a major, innovative publisher
- Excellent communication skills, including exceptional writing skills
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
- A college degree or equivalent experience
HarperCollins Publishers is a company full of people who are passionate about books. When you apply for a position, we want to know why you want to work here, and why you are interested in the job. That’s why cover letters are strongly preferred.
HarperCollins Publishers is an Equal Opportunity Employer.