HarperCollins Publishers is seeking a highly motivated, quick learning, well organized Accountant for our cash management process who pays very close attention to details. The ideal candidate will have a background in cash management, including but not limited to Check, ACH and wire processing of domestic and international payments, issue resolution, cash reporting and reconciliations, escheatment, financial and tax information reporting.
• Control cash management by releasing payments in accordance with corporate guidelines for US and Canadian entities, paying domestic and international vendors.
• Working knowledge of cash control management and preparation of daily, weekly and monthly PC reports.
• Other responsibilities include check decisioning, check cancellations and all other coding changes through online system monthly Reconciliation with General Ledger and other accounting departments.
• Troubleshooting payment issues in a prompt manner to pay the vendor timely.
• Work within the Accounts Payable Department in accordance with pertinent policies and procedures set forth in the online system.
• Duties and responsibilities are of major complexity as to decisions and judgments that effect payment policies.
• Manage the Stale dating/ escheatment process for all check payments.
• Analyze, develop, and maintain reports required by the financial community
• Evaluate modules of the financial systems for future use
• Perform monthly closing procedures
• Involvement in Various financial systems projects
• Works with the Coupa vendor vetting system
• Completes all Sox 404 requirements for Accounts Payable
• Annual 1099 and 1042 reporting process team
About the Company:
HarperCollins Publishers is the second largest consumer book publisher in the world, with operations in 17 countries. With 200 years of history and more than 120 branded imprints around the world, HarperCollins publishes approximately 10,000 new books every year in 16 languages, and has a print and digital catalog of more than 200,000 titles. Writing across dozens of genres, HarperCollins authors include winners of the Nobel Prize, the Pulitzer Prize, the National Book Award, the Newbery and Caldecott Medals and the Man Booker Prize. HarperCollins, headquartered in New York, is a subsidiary of News Corp (Nasdaq: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV) and can be visited online at corporate.HC.com.
HarperCollins Publishers is an Equal Opportunity Employer.