Join our HarperVia editorial team as an intern this summer!
HarperVia is a new imprint dedicated to publishing international voices, offering readers a chance to encounter other lives and other points of view Via the language of the imagination. Our diverse, inaugural list celebrates the universal desire for discovery, understanding, and connection through exceptional storytelling.
The HarperCollins Summer Internship Program is a paid 10 week program which runs from June 1 through August 7. All interns work Monday through Thursday, for a total of 28 hours per week. As a HarperCollins intern, you will learn about the entire publishing process - following one book from beginning to end while hearing from the people who worked on it in our weekly lunch and learn series (lunch is provided!). You will work on a publishing project throughout the summer with your fellow interns and have the opportunity to present your findings to senior staff. There are plenty of opportunities to network including an icebreaker bowling trip, and the end of the program culminates with a presentation called “How to Get a Job in Publishing” – offering advice on your resume, cover letter, interview, and networking.
Please submit a separate cover letter for each opportunity you apply to – applications without cover letters will not be considered.
You can submit up to five different cover letters at a time by uploading them to your profile and naming them after the positions.
- Provides general administrative support.
- Assists in coordinating galley mailings.
- Evaluates submissions and writes reader’s reports.
- Maintains spreadsheets.
- Drafts content and presentations for meetings.
- Supports and brainstorms with the Editorial team with research for special projects.
- Preps conference rooms for meetings.
- Must be available to start working in a full-time capacity in 2020/2021
- Interested in fiction in translation
- Detail oriented and superb organizational skills
- Self-starter with strong communication skills
- Interest in marketing and digital advertising
- Social media knowledge
- Ability to work on multiple projects
- Team player
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Applications MUST have a cover letter
HarperCollins Publishers is an equal opportunity employer.