HarperCollins Publishers is seeking an Editorial Services summer intern in our Princeton, NJ, office. As part of a newly formed Editorial Services team that provides manuscript proofreading, eBook proofing, editorial corrections, and other content‐specific services to managing and production editorial teams in New York, the intern will gain an understanding of the HarperCollins production process, from manuscript to book, and learn about HarperCollins’s imprints and their respective genres and authors.
This summer internship is a paid opportunity (28 hours per week), and it will run from June 5 through August 10 for a total of 10 weeks.
- Applicants must have completed their sophomore year of college.
- Strong communication skills and organizational capabilities.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects under competing deadlines.
- Exceptional knowledge of English grammar and/or some experience in editing or proofreading.
- Strong interest in eBooks, digital publishing technologies, and digital innovation.
- Demonstrated ability to produce work that is detail oriented.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Word.
- Applications MUST have a cover letter
HarperCollins Publishers is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please visit our website: http://harpercollinscareers.com.
About the Company:
HarperCollins Publishers, one of the largest English-language publishers in the world, is a subsidiary of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NNC, NNCLV). Headquartered in New York, HarperCollins has publishing groups around the world in the US, UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and India. HarperCollins is a broad-based publisher with strengths in literary and commercial fiction, business books, children's books, cookbooks, narrative nonfiction, mystery, romance, reference, pop culture, design, health, wellness, and religious and spiritual books. With nearly 200 years of history, HarperCollins has published some of the world's foremost authors, including winners of the Nobel Prize, the Pulitzer Prize, the National Book Award, the Newbery Medal, and the Caldecott Medal. HarperCollins is consistently at the forefront of innovation, using digital technology to create unique reading experiences and expand the reach of its authors. You can visit HarperCollins Publishers online at: http://www.harpercollins.com.