HarperCollins Publishers is seeking an Editorial Services summer intern in our Princeton, NJ, office. As part of a newly formed Editorial Services team that provides manuscript proofreading, eBook proofing, editorial corrections, and other content‐specific services to managing and production editorial teams in New York, the intern will gain an understanding of the HarperCollins production process, from manuscript to book, and learn about HarperCollins’s imprints and their respective genres and authors.
This summer internship is a paid opportunity (28 hours per week), and it will run from June 5 through August 10 for a total of 10 weeks.
- Applicants must have completed their sophomore year of college.
- Strong communication skills and organizational capabilities.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects under competing deadlines.
- Exceptional knowledge of English grammar and/or some experience in editing or proofreading.
- Strong interest in eBooks, digital publishing technologies, and digital innovation.
- Demonstrated ability to produce work that is detail oriented.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Word.
- Applications MUST have a cover letter
HarperCollins Publishers is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please visit our website: http://harpercollinscareers.com.
HarperCollins Publishers is the second largest consumer book publisher in the world, with operations in 17 countries. With 200 years of history and more than 120 branded imprints around the world, HarperCollins publishes approximately 10,000 new books every year in 16 languages, and has a print and digital catalog of more than 200,000 titles. Writing across dozens of genres, HarperCollins authors include winners of the Nobel Prize, the Pulitzer Prize, the National Book Award, the Newbery and Caldecott Medals and the Man Booker Prize. HarperCollins, headquartered in New York, is a subsidiary of News Corp (Nasdaq: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV) and can be visited online at corporate.HC.com.