- At least 5-6 years of hands on book publicity experience, with increasing levels of responsibility for campaign and people management
- Extensive media contacts with strong relationships within the marketplace
- Demonstrated generalist experience working on a range of campaigns including non-fiction, literary fiction, commercial fiction with interest in poetry and cookbooks
- Ability to work under pressure, to meet tight deadlines with budgetary constraints and changing priorities (must be extremely flexible and versatile)
- Creative, forward-thinking team player
- Must be able to handle multiple projects and responsibilities simultaneously
- Superb written, verbal and interpersonal skills are essential as is an ability to speak and think clearly and creatively and generate new ideas on a regular basis
HarperCollins Publishers is a company full of people who are passionate about books. When you apply for a position, we want to know why you want to work here, and why you are interested in the job. That’s why cover letters are strongly preferred.
HarperCollins Publishers is an equal opportunity employer.