Location: HARLEQUIN'S OFFICE WILL BE MOVING TO 22 ADELAIDE STREET WEST, TORONTO ON MARCH 19, 2018.
Are you ready to play a key role in strategic communications and engagement with authors, media, industry influencers, employees and other stakeholders?
Do you work well independently as well as collaboratively in a fast-paced environment?
Have you managed the full communication cycle -- from concept development, to planning through to execution and measurement?
Are you a fantastic writer, meticulous event planner and creative self-starter?
If so, this may be the right fit for you!
• Be part of a dynamic team that is passionate about books, authors and the publishing industry.
• In the context of Harlequin’s long-term vision, goals and strategy, assist the Sr. Manager in the development and execution of the F19 strategic communications plans for the business.
• Write and edit a broad range of communications such as press releases, corporate announcements, speaking notes, scripts, blog posts and more.
• Coordinate the development of communications tools and collateral - such as brochures, press materials, presentations, posters, infographics and more.
• Maintain and disseminate up-to-date corporate information across a variety of platforms.
• Research, compile and track data for communication purposes.
• Establish relationships with media and develop compelling media pitches to tell the Harlequin story.
• Coordinate logistics and programming for special events, conferences and conventions.
• Support employee-focused events and author engagement activities.
• Travel as needed to conferences.
WHO YOU ARE
• A Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or Marketing graduate, with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience.
• Solid knowledge of current professional communications and marketing techniques.
• Proven media relations skills.
• Experience planning and executing special events.
• Outstanding written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to be creative, detail- focused, and deadline-driven.
• Strong collaboration and relationship building skills at all levels within the organization.
• Tactful, able to demonstrate discretion and good judgement.
• Proficiency with web-based tools and applications including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), Photoshop and Acrobat.
• Demonstrated knowledge of current technologies, social media platforms and familiarity with digital content creation a plus.
• Solid understanding of project management principles
• Portfolio of work including writing samples must be available for review.
Harlequin is committed to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Harlequin is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.