We are currently seeking an intern to support the Children's Design department! This is a fantastic opportunity to learn about the process from first design through what you see on a bookshelf and all the behind-the-scenes work in between!
This summer internship is a paid opportunity (28 hours per week), and it will run from June 11 through August 16 for a total of 10 weeks.
- Scanning art or sketches.
- Creating layouts of interiors and jackets using scans of sketches and or art for picture books and novels.
- Reviewing sketches on interiors for picture books & novels.
- Working with art directors to search for stock images to use on book jackets.
- Designing binding die mechanicals & choosing case materials.
- Printing out color and B&W laser proofs.
- Creating book dummies for sales department.
- Filing contracts and invoices.
- Applicants must be at least entering their junior year of college
- Applicants going into their senior year of college, grad students, or college graduates preferred
- Must have graphic design experience
- Must be proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Ability to juggle multiple projects
- Must be passionate about children's books design
- Applications MUST have a cover letter
- Applicants should include a link to an online portfolio
HarperCollins Publishers is an equal opportunity employer.