Job Title: HR Business Partner (1-year contract)
Department: Human Resources
Reports to: Senior HR Manager
Location: Currently North York, ON
Spring 2018: Moving to 22 Adelaide St W, Toronto
The HR Business Partner is responsible for providing a superior level of Human Resources support to designated employee groups to support the achievement of Harlequin’s objectives. The primary areas of responsibility include recruitment, new hire orientation and induction, employee relations, legislative adherence, as well as special projects.
Recruitment & Selection
• Sources, recruits and screens candidates in a timely and cost effective way. Develops job specifications with hiring manager, recommends most appropriate methods/resources for sourcing candidates, screens prospective candidates (internal and external), implements testing and assessments and supports closure of process (references, offers).
• Conducts new hire, benefits and maternity orientations and prepares all documentation. Ensures all relevant company policies and procedures are reviewed.
• Builds relationships with all employees and managers in order to effectively provide advice, counsel, direction and support to develop a highly motivated, high performing, high retention environment. Provides advice and guidance on career counseling, performance issues, managing performance, compensation and rewards, and policies and procedures. Provides answers to any questions in a timely and efficient manner.
• Where required, works with insurance carrier and employees for any complex claims investigations.
• Conducts exit interviews with departing employees and provides summary to senior leadership.
Compliance and Reporting
• Manages AODA compliance including researching and understanding all legislative requirements and due dates. Makes recommendations on how to meet requirements and implements in a timely and cost effective way.
• Assists with key areas of reporting and analysis including headcount, turnover reporting, AODA and benefits analysis.
Engagement and Retention
• Takes lead on managing and coordinating engagement and retention initiatives to support organizational culture.
• Participates in a social committee with a purpose to promote and encourage social activities in efforts to maintain our social culture.
• Participates in company’s philanthropic initiatives as well as researchers and provides channels for employees to be involved in the community or support local charities.
• Works on special projects as assigned.
Specific training, job experience and competencies required before appointment includes:
• University Degree
• CHRP designation or in progress
• 3-5 years progressive experience in an HR environment including strong experience in Recruitment, Employee Relations and other relevant areas
• Strong communication skills
• Planning & organizational ability
• Analytical/problem solving
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Functional/technical HR knowledge
• Adaptability/tolerance for ambiguity
• Ability to pay close attention to detail
• Commitment to work
• Customer focus
• Self-development and self-confidence
Harlequin is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Harlequin is committed to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.