Job Title: Sr. Specialist, Pension and Benefits (6 months contract)
Department: Human Resources
Reports to: VP, HR
Location: North York, ON
Sr. Specialist will be responsible for the accurate and timely administration of the company’s benefits and pension plans as well as the maintenance of the HRIS system. In addition, the incumbent will assist the HR team with the preparation for the office move.
1. Pension Administration
- Provides administrative support with entering new hires, downloading payroll contribution changes, and uploading semi-monthly contribution reports into the system.
- Prepares monthly pension remittance statements.
- Processes T10s.
- Monitors terminations/retirements and processes the pension plan changes accordingly.
2. Benefit Administration:
- Provides administrative support with benefit enrolments and terminations.
- Maintains employee records and status changes as well as ensures accurate premium payments to the benefit carrier are made.
- Verifies monthly benefit premiums statements and prepares billings for payment in a timely manner.
- Assists employees in accessing information on benefit carrier website and supports employees with any ad hoc inquiries.
3. HRIS Administration:
- Produces monthly attendance reports and distributes them across different departments.
- Inputs new hire information and updates the existing employee records.
4. HR Administrative Support
- Assists the HR Team with the preparation for the office move. Tasks include but are not limited to: filing, scanning, file purging, record keeping.
Specific training or job experience required before appointment includes:
- We are looking for an experienced pension and benefit administrator with at least 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- The ideal candidate will have advanced skills in Microsoft Office suit.
- Our preferred candidate should have strong superior communication skills.
- The successful candidate will also have excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities, be well-organized, and have strong attention to detail.
Harlequin is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Harlequin is committed to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.