External Job Title: Assistant Marketing Manager
Internal Job Title: Assistant Program Manager, Customer Development
Department: Customer Development Programs, Direct-to-Consumer
Reports to: Senior Manager, Customer Development
Location: Currently North York, ON
Spring 2018: Moving to 22 Adelaide St W, Toronto
To develop, plan and execute Direct Marketing Campaign and Upsell promotions to meet Direct Marketing Continuity Book Club financial objectives.
• Develops and recommends campaign and upsell plans to ensure packages meet stated objectives and maximize profit.
• Develops creative briefs upon manager’s approval and assigns them to copywriters.
• Manages the execution of campaign and in-shipment details to meet deadlines, budget, and promotion quality and to maximize customer response. Communicates promotion plans to all Direct Marketing functions involved in supporting effective execution.
• Coordinates the production of promotional pieces by establishing deadlines, obtaining copy approvals and approving purchase orders. Evaluates and proofreads mail packages at each stage of production to ensure campaign objectives and criteria are met.
• Forecasts, tracks and orders components and premiums required for promotions.
• Coordinates and attends cover briefings of DTC only In-shipment product.
• Assists manager with the development and execution of bulk and test plans.
• Monitors and evaluates campaign and upsell promotions to determine the success of each program in meeting financial objectives. Reviews reports on timing and effectiveness of promotions and actual versus forecasted ad & promo expenditures.
• Manages and coaches staff to ensure that all responsibilities are accomplished and on track. Meets the current and future campaign and in-shipment requirements through proper recruitment, training and supervision.
• Post-secondary diploma/degree in Business/Marketing
• 2 to 5 years progressive experience in Direct Marketing (including developing, analyzing and executing Direct Marketing mail campaigns)
• Competencies and skills required to perform this job include communication, planning, organizational, analytical thinking, problem solving skills, creativity, staff management, attention to detail, MS Office, and Adobe Acrobat.
Harlequin is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Harlequin is committed to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.